- Scientific Data Drone Test Site (SDD-TS) of MESA Lab @ UC Merced was officially approved on July 24th, 2014.
- The map (L-shaped zone is designated as SDD-TS of MESA LAB @ UC MERCED) (ppt)
Near Future Features and Testbeds:
- Water-sampling data-drone test bed with controllable winds and waves; (CITRIS)
- Container-based nursery plants with controllable water stress for growth dynamics quantification; (TBD)
- Intelligent environment for GPS denied scenarios;
- Ground truth targets for thermal IR (TIR) camera in-situ calibration.
- Ground truth targets for short-wave IR (SWIR) camera in-situ calibration
- Ground truth targets for mid-wave IR (MWIR) camera in-situ calibration
- Moving target tracking
- Airworthiness and Crashworthiness tests
- Qualifying/certifyable ConOps design/setup
- Sense and avoid, ADS-B/GSM
- Vision-based autonomous landing
- Methane mapping testbed (tbd)