Mechatronics offers good prospects for the future because knowledge economy demands to speed up development, improve quality, reduce cost and increase energy efficiency. At the MESA Lab,
"We make real systems that work and others want them"
Overview of Mecha·troni·cs
(mechanical/mechanics/mechanism·electronics·control systems/computer science/cognitive science/cost-sensitive/collaborative-style/creative-solutions/consensus-synergy/...)
Figure Credit: Keven Craig, Marquette Univ.
The Scorbot 4-ER 4U Robotic Arm for teaching
- MESABox - Personalizing Mechatronics Education Utilizing an Open-Source Real-Time Control System Rapid Prototyping Platform (August 2013, Half Day Tutorial ASME IDETC/CIE2013 MESA2013, Portland OR)
- See also Chapter 9 of the Simulink book by Wiley 2013.
- MESA2013 Panel Session. "When Fractional Calculus Meets Mechatronics." (MESA13 panel session info)
- Dr. Chen serves as an Associate Editor for IFAC journal Mechatronics.
- Dr. Chen is a co-Guest-Editor for the Special Issue of Mechatronics on "Fractional Order Modelling and Control in Mechatronic Applications". (now online published). Volume 23, Issue 7, Pages 739-916 (October 2013)
- Check our most recent book/research monograph "Fractional Order Motion Controls" (Wiley 2013) [Tutorial Slides]
- RIOTS- A Matlab Toolbox for Solving General Optimal Control Problems
Some of our Mechatronics Papers
- Disturbance observer design with Bode’s ideal cut-off filter in hard-disc-drive servo system Original Research Article
Mechatronics, Volume 23, Issue 7, October 2013, Pages 856-862
Ying Luo, Tao Zhang, BongJin Lee, Changik Kang, YangQuan Chen
- Identification and tuning fractional order proportional integral controllers for time delayed systems with a fractional pole Original Research Article
Mechatronics, Volume 23, Issue 7, October 2013, Pages 746-754
Hadi Malek, Ying Luo, YangQuan Chen
- Adaptive minimum energy cognitive lighting control: Integer order vs fractional order strategies in sliding mode based extremum seeking Original Research Article
Mechatronics, Volume 23, Issue 7, October 2013, Pages 863-872
Chun Yin, Brandon Stark, YangQuan Chen, Shou-ming Zhong
- Efficient control of a SmartWheel via Internet with compensation of variable delays Original Research Article
Mechatronics, Volume 23, Issue 7, October 2013, Pages 821-827
Inés Tejado, S. Hassan HosseinNia, Blas M. Vinagre, YangQuan Chen
- Robust iterative learning control via continuous sliding-mode technique with validation on an SRV02 rotary plant Original Research Article Mechatronics, Volume 22, Issue 5, August 2012, Pages 588-593 Wen Chen, Yang-Quan Chen, Chih-Ping Yeh
- State-dependent friction force compensation using periodic adaptive learning control Original Research Article Mechatronics, Volume 19, Issue 6, September 2009, Pages 896-904 Hyo-Sung Ahn, YangQuan Chen
- Experimental study of fractional order proportional derivative controller synthesis for fractional order systems Original Research Article Mechatronics, Volume 21, Issue 1, February 2011, Pages 204-214 Ying Luo, YangQuan Chen, Youguo Pi
Mechatronics, Volume 23, Issue 7, October 2013, Pages 739-740
Clara M. Ionescu, Riccardo Caponetto, YangQuan Chen
Last updated 4/07/2013 by YangQuan Chen.