Our research on the modeling and control of renewable energy systems. We focus on PV system, cognitive hybrid lighting systems, and recently, control problems in plasma gasification of biomass.
- 12/7/2014. Fractional-order adaptive minimum energy cognitive lighting control strategy for the hybrid lighting system by Chun Yin, Brandon Stark, YangQuan Chen, Shou-ming Zhong, Erik Lau published at
- 12/5/2014. Woonki Na, PhD, Assistant Professor,Electrical and Computer Engineering, California State University, Fresno will give a research seminar on 12/5/2014 Fri. (SE2-224) 1:30-2:30. Title "Controls of Power Converters for Energy Systems and Electric Vehicle Applications" - me-seminar-fall14-dec-5-woonki-na-flyer.doc
- 11/1/2014. UC Solar 2014 Symposium, poster "The Robust Heliotropic Servo Design for Concentrated Photovoltaic Systems (HCPVS)" by Jiba Nath Dahal, Brandon Stark, Brennan Stevenson, Kevin Stow-Parker, Blair Macleod, and YangQuan Chen
- 2014-2015. Occupant-engaged high-performance building energy efficiency (EE). Human-in-the-loop control of EE buildings.
- Visiting scholar XB Jia (March 2014 - March 2015).
- 3/2/2014. International Journal of Photoenergy paper published. "BICO MPPT: A Faster Maximum Power Point Tracker and Its Application for Photovoltaic Panels" by Hadi Malek and YangQuan Chen. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/586503
- Woody biomass community scale workshop Oct 22 2013 @ UCMerced. Facility tour to Phoenix Energy, Merced guided by Greg Stangl,
- Chun Yin, Brandon Stark, YangQuan Chen*, Shou-Ming Zhong. “Minimum Energy Cognitive Lighting Control: Stability Analysis and Experiments” ASME IDETC 2013, IEEE/ASME MESA2013. Portland, OR, Augsut 4-8, 2013. (Best Paper Award)
- Mechatronics 23 (7), 863-872 .
- Hadi Malek, YangQuan Chen. "Fractional Order Power Point Tracking", US Non-provisional patent 20130268219, Docket Number: P12002.02. App No.: 13/859,394. (April 2013). Filed Apr 9, 2012.
- Chun Yin, YangQuan Chen*, Shou-Ming Zhong. “Energy Optimization By Extremum-Seeking: Three Classes Of Methods And Experimental Comparisons For Photovoltaic and Lighting Systems” 2013.
- Application of fractional order current controller in three phase grid-connected PV systems.H Malek, S Dadras, YQ Chen. American Control Conference (ACC), 2014, 5224-5229.
- A single-stage three-phase grid-connected photovoltaic system with fractional order MPPT. H Malek, YQ Chen. Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2014 Twenty
Last updated: 3/2/2014. 11/1/2014.