SIG (Special Interest Group) on PTUC (Precision Temperature Uniformity Control)
What and why SIG PTUC:
We focus on controller design challenges in achieving precise temperature field uniformity in a domain or zone of interest with many sensors and many actuators (Heaters/Chillers). This type of sensor- and actuator-rich distributed parameter system calls for new ideas of controller design. We proposed a new framework known as "Cognitive Process Control (CPC)" where information-driven rather than signal-driven control strategies are to be explored where real-time analytics, embedded AI, big data and deep learning etc. are routinely used.
10/16/2018. Embedded RIOTS+MPC now successfully running on Rasberry Pi 3 B+. A historical moment! It has been 10 years from the first 2008 paper . A great team work of Jairo Viola and Sina Dehghan. What is next? General Purpose MPC at the Edge or simply "Edge MPC" - this will be the industrial trend, e.g., PPMA, Win10 IoT!
09/2018. R2R review paper accepted to be published. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2018.09.00
09/2018. Welcome new team members: Jairo Viola, Alberto Radici, Zhenlong Wu.
- Professor YangQuan Chen
- Jie Yuan, Ph.D. candidate (2016-)
- Sina Dehghan, Ph.D. candidate (2015-)
- Jairo Viola, Ph.D. student (2018-)
- Alberto Radici, MSc. Exchange Graduate Student (University of Brescia) (2018)
- Zhenlong Wu, Ph.D. Exchange Student (Tsinghua University) (2018-2019)
- Dr. Zhuo Li (2011-2015) (Ph.D. thesis)
- Dr. Lu Liu (2014-2016.9)
- Dr. Kai Liu (2015-2017.6)
- Yang Zhao, Ph.D. candidate (2017-2018.9)
- Abdullah Ates, Ph.D. candidate (2017-2018.5)
- Tiebiao Zhao, Ph.D. candidate (2013-2018.5)
- ASME IDETC 2019 ASME/IEEE MESA2019
- 2014 ICFDA A Low Cost Research Platform for Modeling and Control of Multi-input Multi-output Fractional Order Dynamic Systems
- 2014 ICFDA Fractional Order Nonlinear Model Predictive Control Using RIOTS 95
Cretaed 10/30/2017 by Prof. YangQuan Chen. Last updated 10/30/17, 9/23/18.