Welcome to the companion website for the textbook "Scientific Computing with MATLAB, Second Edition" by Dingyu Xue, YangQuan Chen.
Textbook - 586 Pages - 259 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781498757775 - CAT# K27591
- Sample Chapters (Front Matter, Chapter 1, Chapter 10)
- Solution Manual (PDF) [For instructors only]
- Matlab/Simulink Codes (zip)
- Teaching/Self-learning PPTs.
- Sample syllabus (Sample syllabus.pdf)
Last updated: 10/25/2015. 12/19/15.
- Three sample chapters .pdf
- Sample syllabus.pdf (Offered by Prof. Jian-Qiao Sun, ME 021: Engineering Computing, UC Merced since Fall 2013)
"The reader’s ability to tackle mathematical problems can be significantly enhanced after reading this book. …This book can be used as a reference text for almost all college students, both undergraduates and graduates, in almost all disciplines that require certain levels of applied mathematics. This book will be a good desktop reference for many who have graduated from college and are still involved in solving mathematical problems in their jobs. A lot of MATLAB function designed by the authors and some third-party free toolboxes are also presented in the book."
—Zentralblatt MATH, 1156