Congratulations to Furkan Guc for passing the ME Preliminary Exam!
Furkan Guc joined MESA Lab Jan. 2021. Congrats to his first attempt passing the exam. It is not easy. He achieved the following while preparing the exam. We expect him more focus on orginal research from now on with even more impressive research innovation and productivity. The following a brief list of what a Ph.D. student can achieve in 10 months during pandemic.
- Spring TA ME142 Mechatronics, made innovations in remote lab using digital (with Jairo Viola), see DTs the class built: http://22.214.171.124/yqchen/teaching/ME142/digital-twins/2021/ this also led to an ASME IDETC MESA2021 Mechatronics Educational paper:
- F. Guc, J. Viola, and Y. Q. Chen, “Digital Twins Enabled Remote Laboratory Learning Experience for Mechatronics Education,” to be presented in 2021 IEEE International Conference on Digital Twins & Parallel Intelligence, 2021, p. 4.
- Taking a Spring 2021 graduate level course on System ID
- Contributed a book chapter "Backlash Quantification in Control Systems Using Noises with Outliers: A Benchmark Study" to be published in the book
- Paweł D. Domański and YangQuan Chen and Maciej Ławryńczuk. “Outliers in Control Engineering – Fractional Calculus Perspective.” Book to appear in 2021. De Gruyter. Book Series on “Fractional calculus and its applications in science and engineering”
- Summer TA
- Fall graduate course on ME211 Nonlinear Control in person
- Fall TA ME140 Vibration and Control (in person)
- Proposed and Won an SSI grant in Fall 2021. Excellent!
- Presented a paper at IEEE DTPI2021 entitled "Digital Twins Enabled Remote Laboratory Learning Experience for Mechatronics Education" in the "DTPI in Mechatronics Systems" Symposium (Youtube channel)
- Will present the IFAC/AACC 1st MECC2021 paper "Fault Cause Assignment with Physics Informed Transfer Learning" (Candidate for best student paper award)
- Submitted a paper to ACC2022: "What Best to Feedback in Radio-Frequency Impedance Matching Control?"
- ME295. Weekly meeting with weekly progress update in RFIM control benchmark study (see MatlabCentral code) since Jan 2021 (40 weeks so far)
- Mentoring 3 undergraduate students' research in DT and advanced smart control methods for mechatronics and thermal systems. (ME195 mentoring)
Created and last updated on 10/17/2021 by Prof. YangQuan Chen