Welcome Dr. Derek Hollenbeck!
MESA Lab is pleased to announce that Dr. Hollenbeck re-joined MESA Lab since Dec. 4, 2023 to Dec. 4, 2025 as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow and the Project Manager for CMERI (Center for Methane Emission Research and Innovation) . He created and manages the site http://methane.ucmerced.edu
Dr Hollenbeck will make sure to put UC Merced on the world map of methane localization, quatification and mitigation research and innovation. His MOAB/DT will be interesting. His incoming monograph on DT in Environmental Monitoring will be interesting too.
- Old methane page with some info: https://mechatronics.ucmerced.edu/methane
- Dr. Hollenbeack theses defense annoucement.
- Dr. Hollenbeck Ph.D. thesis info. "Digital Twin Enabled Collective Sensing and Steering for Source Determination Problems"
- Dr. Hollenbeck had perhaps the most sites of field works on methane sniffing using drones. Alaska, Colorado, California, Maryland, USA and Alberta Canada etc. See his thesis for details.
- Dr. Hollenbeck's leadership and victory in LEAPFROG first CITRIS AVIATION Prize: Watch
- Dr. Hollenbeck Google Scholar citation page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=SnecFpAAAAAJ
- Dr. Hollenbeck at X.com @DerekHollenbec7
- Dr. Hollenbeck created CMERI social media links:
Re-Created 12/18/2023 and last updated by Prof. YangQuan Chen.