Hello 2023! MESA Lab 2022 updates
First of all, welcome two new Ph.D. students joined MESA Lab in Fall 2022. Osama and Shiang, welcome! Dr. Chen's sabbatical year ends Aug. 2023.
1/9/2023, Monday 5-6:30pm we had our first lab meeting. Welcome our visiting professor Dr. Norelys Aguila-Camacho! Jantz lunch, tea and snacks. Individual discussions (Norelys, Derek, and Rafal) were all wonderful. Then alarm on, then big rain.
For 2022, it was an unusual year, here are list of main items left in my memory
- Spring 2022, offered "ME/EECS210 Linear Multivariable Controls" (3 credits) all recorded lectures are in Youtube. Playlist upon request.
- Summer 2022, attended ACC2022 in Atlanta with Dr Dou and Daniel.
- Summer 2022, attended IFAC Mechatronics 2022 in UCLA. Drove there with Justus. Also Furkan for a 4 hours long tutorial on SPM (Smart Predictive Maintenance)
- Fall 2022, Sept. trip to Bratislava Slovakia to receive this prize. TV/news/magazine coverage. Public talk on "Fractional Order Thinking Leads to Research Excellence". Via Vienna and Warsaw. Talk at Wasaw University of Technology on "More optimal dampling control".
- Fall 2022, Oct. trip to Boston for IEEE DTPI 22. Presented two papers.
- Fall 2022, Nov. trip to TU Delft Netherlands and Luxembourg for IEEE ICCMA22. General co-chair.
- Fall 2022, Nov. - Dec. trip to Taipei for IEEE/ASME MESA22. Plenary talk on "Digital Twin enabled smart control engineering" DT for SCE. iFARM invited talk slides "Drone Research and Educational Excellence at UC Merced MESA Lab". (124MB)
- Guoxiang's book:
Guoxiang Zhang and YangQuan Chen . “Towards Optimal Point Cloud Processing for 3D Reconstruction” (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering) | Jun 4, 2022 https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-96110-7
- Haoyu's books
Haoyu Niu and YangQuan Chen. "Smart Big Data Analytics and Their Applications to Precision Agriculture" Springer series on Agriculture Automation and Control [accepted and contracted Oct. 2022] [~200 pages] To appear in 2023-2024
Haoyu Niu and YangQuan Chen "Towards Tree-level Evapotranspiration Estimation with Small UAVs in Precision Agriculture" 158 pages. [Editor: K Teng https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/kenneth-teng/4762] - May 2022. Frontmatter PDF [Google book, Amazon Nov. 18, 2022]
- Viola, J and YQ Chen. “Digital Twin enabled Smart Control Engineering - A Framework and Case Studies”. Springer. Nov. 2022. (www.TheEdgeAI.com) [to printer Oct. 12, 2022] Part of the book series: Synthesis Lectures on Engineering, Science, and Technology (SLEST)
- AFC @ BJTU (Int. Workshop on Applied Fractional Calculus at Beijing Jiaotong University) July 2022 (PDF program)
- Online invited seminars/talks - over 35.
2023 planned support to the following conferences:
- –03 - ICFDA2023 Dubai UAE
- –05- TW SIAM – Taipei (tbd)
- –05-06 ACC23, San Diego CA
- –06 - ICUAS June 2023 Warsaw Poland
- –06 – NODYCON 2023 Rome, Italy
- –07 – BJTU FractionalCalculusDay, Beijing, China
- –07 - IFAC World Congress 2023 (Japan)
- –07 – CAA TC FOSC Hainan, China
- –08 – IEEE IAI23 http://journal13.magtech.org.cn/ Shenyang China
- –08 - ASME/IEEE MESA 2023 (Boston, MA)
- –10 – IEEE DTPI23 Orlando FL
- –11 - ICCMA 2023 Norway
- –12 - IEEE CSS CDC (March deadline) (LCSS option) https://cdc2023.ieeecss.org/ Singapore.
- –And perhaps some other pop up ones.
Created and Last updated 1/10/23 by Prof. YangQuan Chen.