Ph.D. Candidate Tiebiao Zhao gave an invited talk at "Spray Safe" event at Yolo, CA on Feb. 5th, 2015. His talk title as "Spraying Drones and Optimal Integrated Pest Management". (The final agenda PDF). There were around 200 people in the audience, an excellent community outreach effort!
We believe that "spraying drones" are not as matured as "remote-sensing drones" not only in technilogical aspect but also in federal rule compliance aspect. This is a perfect time for us to do good research. We call this DRONEMATH. Our sample DRONEMATH publications are:
(For our UAS/drones related publications, check here)
- Christophe Tricaud+ and YangQuan Chen*. “Optimal Mobile Sensing and Actuation Policies in Cyber-physical Systems”. Springer. ISBN 978-1-4471-2261-6. 2012. (170 pages) http://www.springer.com/engineering/robotics/book/978-1-4471-2261-6
- Haiyang Chao+ and YangQuan Chen*. “Remote Sensing and Actuation Using Unmanned Vehicles” Wiley-IEEE Press, Aug. 2012 ISBN-13: 978-1118122761 (IEEE Press Series on Systems Science and Engineering) http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118122763.html
- Brandon Stark, Sean Rider, YangQuan Chen. “Optimal Pest Management by Networked Unmanned Cropdusters in Precision Agriculture: A Cyber-Physical System Approach.” In Proc. of The 2nd IFAC Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS, 2013. November 20-22, 2013, Compiegne, France
- B Stark, S Rider, YQ Chen. Optimal control of a diffusion process using networked unmanned aerial systems with smart health. Proc. of the IFAC World Congress 19 (1), 1254-1259. August, 2014, Cape Town, South Africa.
- J Cao, YQ Chen, C Li. Multi-UAV-based Optimal Crop-dusting of Anomalously Diffusing Infestation of Crops. arXiv preprint arXiv:1411.2880 [PDF] from arxiv.org (to appear in Proc. of The American Control Conference, 2015, Chicago, IL)
- F. Ge, Y.Q. Chen and C. Kou. “Regional controllability of anomalous diffusion generated by the time fractional diffusion equations.” FDTA15 @ MESA15 @ IDETC/CIE 2015. August 2-5, 2015, Boston, MA, USA