RIOTS-A Matlab Toolbox for Solving General Optimal Control Problems
- The first implementation of consistent approximation using discretization methods based on Runge-Kutta integration.
- Solves a very large class of finite-time optimal control problems
- trajectory and endpoint constraints
- control bounds
- variable initial conditions and free final time problems
- integral and/or endpoint cost functions
- System functions can be supplied by the user as either C-files or M-files.
System dynamics can be integrated with fixed step-size Runge-Kutta integration, a discrete-time solver or a variable step-size method.
The controls are represented as splines, allowing for a high degree of function approximation accuracy without requiring a large number of control parameters.
The optimization routines use a coordinate transformation, resulting in a significant reduction in the number of iterations required to solve a problem and an increase in the solution accuracy.
There are three main optimization routines suited fro different levels of generality of the optimal control problem.
There are programs that provide estimates of the integration error.
The main optimization routine includes a special feature for dealing with singular optimal control problems.
RIOTS is designed to solve optimal control problems of the following form:
- Microsoft Windows XP(32-bit or 64-bit), Vista Business/Ultimate editions (32-bit or 64-bit), 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Matlab 6.5 and later version (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Chen Y Q, Schwartz A L. RIOTS―95: a MATLAB toolbox for solving general optimal control problems and its applications to chemical processes[J]. 2002.
- Tricaud C, Chen Y Q. Solving fractional order optimal control problems in riots 95—a general purpose optimal control problem solver[C]//Proceedings of the 3rd IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and its Applications. 2008.
- Tricaud C, Chen Y Q. An approximate method for numerically solving fractional order optimal control problems of general form [J]. Computers & Mathematics with Applications, 2010, 59(5): 1644-1655.
- Song Z, Chen Y Q, Liang J S, et al. Optimal mobile sensor motion planning under non-holonomic constraints for parameter estimation of distributed systems[J]. International journal of intelligent systems technologies and applications, 2007, 3(3): 277-295.
- Liang J, Fullmer R, Chen Y Q. Time-optimal magnetic attitude control for small spacecraft[C]//Decision and Control, 2004. CDC. 43rd IEEE Conference on. IEEE, 2004, 1: 255-260.
- Ucinski D, Chen Y Q. Sensor motion planning in distributed parameter systems using Turing's measure of conditioning[C]//Decision and Control, 2006 45th IEEE Conference on. IEEE, 2006: 759-764.
- Tricaud C, Chen Y Q. Solution of fractional order optimal control problems using SVD-based rational approximations[C]//American Control Conference, 2009. ACC'09. IEEE, 2009: 1430-1435.
- Tricaud C, Patan M, Ucinski D, et al. D-optimal trajectory design of heterogeneous mobile sensors for parameter estimation of distributed systems[C]//American Control Conference, 2008. IEEE, 2008: 663-668.
- Tricaud C, Chen Y Q. Linear and nonlinear model predictive control using a general purpose optimal control problem solver RIOTS 95[C]//Control and Decision Conference, 2008. CCDC 2008. Chinese. IEEE, 2008: 1552-1557.
- Tricaud C, Chen Y Q. Optimal mobile actuator/sensor network motion strategy for parameter estimation in a class of cyber physical systems[C]//American Control Conference, 2009. ACC'09. IEEE, 2009: 367-372.